home pt 1


Work Accidents Suffered by Self-Employed Workers / Domestic Worker Insurance - Private Individuals

Legally required liability insurance (Decree- Law 100/97) for accidents occurring during working hours or on the way to or from the place of work (Commuting Risk).

Any private individual employing others on a full or part time basis, with or without a written contract of employment, is legally liable for the consequences of accidents involving such workers during the provision of the services.

This liability includes accidents occurring on the route from the workers’ home to the place of work and back. Self-employed workers must also possess work accident insurance.